Pages

FOR THE LOVE OF IMAGES

Come visit my other blog, snippets of life (formerly everyday portraits =.). I've been posting there but mostly, I've been instagramming. If you like, come follow me here.


It takes time to blog and post for all to enjoy. So if you like something, kindly link back to this blog. Do the same with other bloggers. Thanks for visiting.

10/27/09

THERAPEUTIC THURSDAYS WITH THIRD GRADERS

The difference between school and life? In school you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson. ~Tom Bodett
Children have to be educated, but they have also to be left to educate themselves. ~Abbé Dimnet, Art of Thinking, 1928
Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young. ~Henry Ford
I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill
If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. ~Lily Tomlin

A checked-off list makes me feel I accomplished something, even with small insignificant jobs. (Can't get any simpler than this list.)

My parents told me, "Finish your dinner. People in China and India are starving." I tell my children, "Finish your homework. People in India and China are starving for your job." ~Thomas L. Friedman
(lego + pasta = boy's favorite meal)

No comments: