Pages

FOR THE LOVE OF IMAGES

Come visit my other blog, snippets of life (formerly everyday portraits =.). I've been posting there but mostly, I've been instagramming. If you like, come follow me here.


It takes time to blog and post for all to enjoy. So if you like something, kindly link back to this blog. Do the same with other bloggers. Thanks for visiting.

4/16/10

BIKE 2 SCHOOL DAY

Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving. ~Albert Einstein
The bicycle is a curious vehicle.  Its passenger is its engine.  ~John Howard
My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass." 
"We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys" ~Harmon Killebrew
All bicycles weigh fifty pounds.  A thirty-pound bicycle needs a twenty-pound lock.  A forty-pound bicycle needs a ten-pound lock.  A fifty-pound bicycle doesn't need a lock.  ~Author Unknown
Conscience is a man's compass. ~Vincent Van Gogh
My mind tells me to give up, but my heart won't let me. ~Unknown (probably a novice uphill biker)
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride.  ~John F. Kennedy (especially early in the morning with your Dad)

Work and Acquire, thou hast chained the wheel of Chance. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You're not tire of me yet, are you?"
"Can you really handle it?"
"Ring your bell if you're hungry."
It's about putting the pedal to the metal and not asking any questions at all and just going for it. ~Brandon Thomas 
My son had a triathlon day.  He biked in the morning, ran several laps for PE, and swam for 2 hours after school. You would think he'd be tired, right?  For the life of me, he was even more revitalized.  Just in time for me! On the contrary, if he doesn't get any physical exertion, he becomes lethargic.  
So, let's go out and play more.  And have loads of fun.
Happy Friday!

No comments: