Pages

FOR THE LOVE OF IMAGES

Come visit my other blog, snippets of life (formerly everyday portraits =.). I've been posting there but mostly, I've been instagramming. If you like, come follow me here.


It takes time to blog and post for all to enjoy. So if you like something, kindly link back to this blog. Do the same with other bloggers. Thanks for visiting.

8/25/10

7x7: Clement Street

When women are depressed, they eat or go shopping.  Men invade another country.  It's a whole different way of thinking. ~Elayne Boosler

One-stop bargain shopping strip.  Clement Street.  Full of character.  Beats the Mall.

Break time

Bittermelon, eggplant, plantains were staple food when I was growing up in the Philippines.  I never liked the bittermelon nor the eggplant dishes.  I did like the turron (plantains).  My mom always makes them.  Thanks, Mom.


Ducks, anyone?

Oranges.  Can't get enough.

Vegetarians should avoid this area during a certain time of the day. 

My favorite!  Manila mangoes!

These freshly-made sesame balls are so delish.  They come in 3s for only $1.50.  Perfect quick feed for very hungry swimmers.

Shrimp shiu mai.  Can't have enough.

Steamed rice and chicken.


Kiwis for sale.  Not the Kiwigirl, though.  She's mine.

Brooms for sale.  Where else can you get them for a bargain price? And assorted colors?


Keep your change in these very reasonable coin purses.  A great party favor.

A bargain ain't a bargain unless it's something you need. ~Sidney Carroll

4 comments:

Running-girl said...

Beautiful and vibrant photographs. You even make the mundane look extraordinary! I'll never look at Clement Street the same way again.

christinE g. leong said...

Thank you, Running Girl. You're always so encouraging. The dim sums were making me hungry!

desiree said...

When did you go to Clement street? I took the Muni by myself (that I didn't know where it was headed towards) after school because I had extra time to spare, and ended up at Clement street yesterday, too. :)

christinE g. leong said...

Dez, so much to explore in the City. Those photos were taken several times in the year. I'm almost always there so I shoot what I see with my little camera. There's a lot yet to see.