Pages

FOR THE LOVE OF IMAGES

Come visit my other blog, snippets of life (formerly everyday portraits =.). I've been posting there but mostly, I've been instagramming. If you like, come follow me here.


It takes time to blog and post for all to enjoy. So if you like something, kindly link back to this blog. Do the same with other bloggers. Thanks for visiting.

3/3/10

ORDINARY THINGS THAT BRIGHTEN MY DAY

Yellow-colored objects appear to be gold. ~Aristotle 

Follow the yellow stripes and the yellow socks
Homegrown sunflowers by my homeschooled girl
My yellow-brown Mango
Potassium, anyone?
There goes the big yellow bus.
Don't take the escalator.  Climb.
Knitted hat by my then-10 yo
Fields of beautiful yellow weeds by the wayward
Costco's keylime cheesecake
My favorite place to shop
Don't forget to eat your yellows.
There is no blue without yellow and without orange. 
~Vincent Van Gogh
Watch where you're going...
Now, look around and find treasures.  They're everywhere.  Sometimes they're just under your nose.  And enjoy those golden MOMents!
So here I am telling everyone, "take the stairs."  Yet, I'm caught taking the escalator.  Well, I had a very good reason.  This photo was taken just 3 days after the accident that totaled our minivan.  On that day, we only had one car and 3 kids to shuttle, and it was my girls' first day of school!  A milestone for my homeschooled girl of 4 years, and I was determined to be there to release her into the "wild."  After transferring from one public transportation to another, we made it to the school just in time.  It was one of my golden MOMents, back pains, and all.
But let all who take refuge in You be glad; let them ever sing for joy.  Spread Your protection over them, that those who love Your Name may rejoice in You.~Psalm 5:11

3 comments:

Shelese said...

I love your blog! I hope you don't mind that I read it :) I went to storytime at the library with my little one the other day. We went through all of the colors and pointed them out on the kids' clothes. I was so sad that there wasn't anyone wearing yellow.

christinE g. leong said...

You are more than welcome to share this with anyone who will learn and appreciate it. Thank you for letting me know. I'm encouraged. I used to do the same thing, I still do--finding one color for that day. I'm working on my "green" series just in time for St. Patrick. My favorite color. Hugs to your little one.

dana said...

Oh I love this! thank you for sharing with me!