Pages

FOR THE LOVE OF IMAGES

Come visit my other blog, snippets of life (formerly everyday portraits =.). I've been posting there but mostly, I've been instagramming. If you like, come follow me here.


It takes time to blog and post for all to enjoy. So if you like something, kindly link back to this blog. Do the same with other bloggers. Thanks for visiting.

3/12/10

BEING GREEN

A best friend is like a four leaf clover.  Hard to find and lucky to have. ~Author Unknown (Main Library's clover patch, February 2010)
...but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. ~Isaiah 40:31 (B&N, Fall 2008)
A bland smile is like a green light at an intersection, it feels good when you get one, but you forget it the moment you're past it. ~Doug Coupland (Civic Center, February 2010)
All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord stands forever. ~I Peter 1:24-25 (Crystal Springs, April 2006)
No. I'm not seasick. Yes. I've always been GREEN. No. I did not eat grass as a child. ~Wicked, The Musicale (Civic Center, February 2010)
A woman is like a tea bag, you can not tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. ~Nancy Reagan (Neighbor's Front Yard, Summer 2009)
I don't think of all the misery but of the beauty that still remains. ~Anne Frank, The Diary of a Young Girl (Just outside a college football field, Santa Rosa, January 2010)
A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand. ~Author Unknown 
(Girl Scout Cookies, March 2010)
Virtue has a veil, vice a mask. ~Victor Hugo
(Half to Have It, Half Moon Bay, November 2009)
Coffee, n. break fluid. ~Author Unknown (Laurel Heights, March 2010)
Earth laughs in flowers. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson (Trader Joe's, November 2009)
My least favorite thing in the world! (Oakland, Fall 2009)
Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is. ~Yoda (2004)
How GREEN are you? (Round 'bout the neighborhood, just yesterday)
On matters of style, swim with the current, on matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~Thomas Jefferson (Little Mermaid Collage, 1997)
As Yavanna, Queen of the Earth and Giver of Fruits, JRR Tolkien's world, The Silmarillion (Halloween 2009)
Have you had your cacti today? (Mission Market, Summer 2008)
For in the true nature of things, if we rightly consider, every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver. ~Martin Luther (Conservatory of Flowers, Summer 2008)
I hope you're enjoying this GREEN (my favorite color) series as much as I loved putting it together. Here I am, wearing my all-worn out Army jacket which finally retired, with Crafty Chica Diva herself, Kate Murillo, at last year's super fun Maker Faire.  Plan to come to this year's crafter/maker's Disneyland.
I have more GREENS but time is limited.  Stay tuned for GREEN 2.
In the meantime, Happy St. Patrick's Day.  Read and learn more about the real St. Patrick.

2 comments:

Lan said...

I LOVE THIS! I love green! I love you, Chris!!!

christinE g. leong said...

Thanks, Lan. Green is so beautiful. Esp. after the rain. Enjoy the rest of your afternoon.