Pages

FOR THE LOVE OF IMAGES

Come visit my other blog, snippets of life (formerly everyday portraits =.). I've been posting there but mostly, I've been instagramming. If you like, come follow me here.


It takes time to blog and post for all to enjoy. So if you like something, kindly link back to this blog. Do the same with other bloggers. Thanks for visiting.

2/25/10

THINKING OF BOYS

Boys are bent on making messes, teasing siblings, racing through the house, challenging every decision & order that comes their way. Moms need to keep boys' minds & hands busy. "If not...you deserve what he's going to do to you." ~Dr. James Dobson, Bringing Up Boys
Having a son makes me appreciate and understand boys. I have two older wonderful girls, and I would've been content having all girls.  But God knew I needed a boy to teach and humble me, and mostly keep me on my knees and cling to His precious promises.  I'm telling you, every single day is an adventure. No dull moment in my life. I'm so glad I have a boy. Sometimes, I wish I have another one but like what my son said, "Mom, you're too old to have any more babies."  That, I am.  


But I'm never too old to enjoy and hold them even for an hour or so.  That's when I volunteer in our church's nursery---to get my baby fix.  Catch a glimpse of those little hands and little toes, drooling mouths and chubby cheeks! And they happen to be all boys that day!
For You created my inmost being;
You knit me together in my mother's womb. ~Psalm 139:13
When I grow up I want to be a little boy. ~Joseph Heller
 Don't wait to make your son a great man.  Make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
One of the best things in the world to be is a boy; it requires no experience, but needs some practice to be a good one.~Charles Dudley Warner
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Author Unknown
Here's one of my favorite images with my children when they were very young, and I was VERY TIRED--still am (bandana & sunglasses are, have been, my instant photoshop tools =.)  Then, 5yo, 3yo, 7mos.  
Now, 13, 11, and 8.  Time flies.  Enjoy them.  Photo taken January 2010
And here's me and my favorite son having some boba.

No comments: